We are so passionate about probiotics, prebiotics and fermented foods, that we have put together this kit to get you started on your homemade kombucha journey!
This kit contains:
- 3 litre glass Kilner jar with lid and dispensing tap (tap is plastic).
- 1 large certified organic SCOBY with starter liquid (a Symbiotic Culture of Bacteria and Yeast) - this is a living culture which will ferment the sugary tea into a delicious kombucha. Please note that this will be sent in a thick plastic sealable bag.
- 50g organic loose leaf black tea, Camellia sinesis - the best blend for the finest tasting kombucha.
- 500g organic raw cane sugar - to feed the SCOBY and start the fermentation process.
- 1 x stick on thermometer (so that you can keep your kombucha brewing at the optimal temperature).
- 2 x pH testing strips (to test the pH of your kombucha at the start of your brew).
- 1 x brewing bottle with swing stopper lid.
- 1 x 50cm x 50cm Kilner muslin cloth.
- Step by step instructions.
Kombucha Starter Kit