These bamboo charcoal filters are packed in a reusable natural cotton bag. They will slowly filter out impurities such as chlorine and chloramines from your tap water.
How to Use
1 litre jug = 3-4 pieces; 2 litre jug = 6-8 pieces
1. Wash in running water to remove powder (do not use detergent).
2. Boil for 10 mins in a pan of water to sterilise and allow to cool and dry.
3. Place in a jug and fill with tap water (charcoal may float when new but it will tend to sink after a week or so of use).
4. Leave for 8 hours or more for best results. You can leave it in the fridge to chill if you like. It's then ready to drink.
5. Re-sterilise once a week by repeating step 2.
6. Replace with new charcoal after 2 months approx.
What to do with the used water filters
They are completely compostable at the end of their life but also can be reused around the home before being composted:
- Use the filters in mouldy kitchen or bathroom corners. They will also help remove smells.
- Place in the fridge to keep produce fresh as well as to help remove smells.
- They can also be used to help remove moisture from damp areas.